How to Nurture Self- Esteem
To have genuine self-esteem: having the knowledge, awareness and appreciation of my uniqueness, beauty, and value. Some tips to nurture slef-esteem:
- Know your real nature. Know, respect and love yourself.
- I am originally and innately good
- Love, peace, happiness, purity and truth are my original virtues
- Remember: Past is past
- Never mind whatever history you have or dark secrets you keep, always remember your original nature
- Be honest
- Don't hang on to your false identities.
- Don't hide your weaknesses.
- Don't attach yourself to anything that is temporary in the world. (e.g. possessions, prestige, people)
- Don't compare yourself with anyone.
- Each one has a unique role to play in this drama of life.
- Love begets love. Respect begets respect.
- All good actions return to me
- In a state of love, only love comes back to me.
You are the creator of your own thoughts!
It is always our choice: whether we get on with our lives & live in the now, or whether we chain ourselves to the grudges & guilt of the past.
Tips to keep healthy mind and body
- Do everything in moderation.
- Have a healthy and balance lifestyle.
- Be a cheerful giver. Share blessings and receive more blessings.
- Devote personal time for self care. (meditate)
- Think positive. React positively.
- Nurture and cultivate productive relationships as they serve as buffers in times of need.
- Past is past. Take the learnings and not the sorrow.
- Check and change.
Tips to overcome anger
- Reappraise- Become aware of what triggers your anger
- Relax- Breathing (count to ten….), positive self talk… “relax take it easy”
- Respond Assertively- Don’t suppress but express in a non aggressive ways
- Communicate Better- Listen carefully and take your time before answering; don’t blame
- Change Your Environment- Take a break, go for a walk
- Use Humor- Learn how to laugh at yourself and see humor in situations
- Relinquish Your Anger- Most difficult of all… Let it go
- Interrupt the cycle of negativity
- Reframe your memories; perspective
- Reconsider how you feel about past events…learn
- Insert new information and new thoughts into your consciousness during the time that it is receptive.
- Value yourself from inside out, not outside in.